I am an executive coach with over 25 years experience working as a communications professional and consultant across a broad range of sectors including corporate, state and federal governments, NGOs, and not-for-profits.
I began my career in television production in Sydney and over the years as a restless creative I've done scriptwriting, made jewellery and restored furniture in my spare time.
I bring this diverse experience and creativity to my coaching practice.
My ability to help clients explore their challenges and move forward is enhanced by my own personal experience of life's ups and downs.
I lost my home, and almost my life, in the 2003 Canberra bushfire. Recovering and re-establishing after the fires was both a challenge and an incredible learning experience that gave me first-hand experience of surviving trauma.
I particularly love working with women and draw on my extensive experience in communications to coach/mentor women to embrace their voice, step into their personal power and do the work that they're here on earth to do.
My current loves, apart from my beautiful family, are junk shops (I like to call them "treasure troves"), furniture restoration projects and travel. My favourite travel destinations to date are Paris, New York, Barcelona and the quaint country towns of Ireland.
Yoga has been part of my life for over 25 years.
Other experience & training:
- Non-Verbal Communication and Presentation Skills Masterclass with Michael Grinder, world renown US expert in the power of influence — the science of non-verbal communication, non-verbal leadership, group dynamics, advanced relationship building skills and presentation skills.
- Community Consultation Negotiation training (Allan Parker, Peak Performance)
- Lectured in public relations at University of Canberra (Sessional Lecturer)
- Member of the Community and Expert Reference Group for the Canberra Bushfire Recovery Taskforce
- Wrote "A Great Relief" to give practical advice to Victorians after the 2009 Black Saturday bushfires.
- Guest speaker at community-led bushfire recovery events held in the Yarra Valley, Victoria.
- Invited participant - National Community-led Recovery Masterclass held by Australian Institute of Emergency Management.
- Co-presenter - Workshop session on community recovery run by Stephani Roy McCallum from Canada - AIP2 National Conference 2009.
- 10 years experience in television production as a writer and producer.